Sunday, August 17, 2008

Paul Mitchell paper

So I had to write a paper for school the other day. I thought I would post it. I know i'm horrible at writing but I try so don't laugh too hard.


Kelsey Allen #1097
First I would like to say I’m grateful for all my family and friends, that’s how these papers are suppose to start out, right? Being thankful for all the obvious things like our house, car, friends, pets, family, and who can forget The Paul Mitchell Hair Academy, you know, loving every moment and being so very grateful for the things that make you most happy. But what about that boy who first broke your heart and made you feel like you would never be happy again, or that one time you were stuck in the hospital for 2 weeks with appendicitis and meningitis at the same time. Do you remember the classes you failed and the fights you got in with your mom? Or even when the boy you loved moved away to a different state to go to college? Why can’t we all be grateful for those moments. The moments that can be summed up as the hardest points in our life.

We have all had trials in our lives, and times where it seems like it would be easier if that blow that put us flat on our backs would keep us down on the ground. It takes everything we have to get back up and try it all over again, knowing there is that chance we will end up right back where we started. It seems everyone around us is always saying ‘press forward, it gets so much better,’ but how do you know it ever will. At times you might think life is just a series of failure lined up one right after the other, and it would be easier to let it all pass you by and not continue to be that person you set out to be. Is it even possible to be grateful for heartache and disappointment?

So as this amazing boy moves away from you and you feel like you might not ever smile the same way again, can you really say thank you? Thank you for all the good times we have had together and the laughs that carried over for days to come. Thanks for sending me flowers when I moved away from my mom, thanks for making me want to be better so that when people looked at us together, they understood maybe what you were thinking when you chose to be with me. Thank you for making me grow and understand just what this life is about.

Because of this heartache I understand what it means to smile when I see my family, and laugh until my sides hurt with my friends. I’m thankful for having money tight so I know how much it means to be at an amazing school. Thanks for that boy who broke my heart so I know exactly what I don’t want, and exactly what I need. Thank you for making me better, stronger, and happier because I’ve been low, and I know being low gives us an amazing view to look up at.

1 comments:

Steve and Sarah Simper said...

you have finally done it! Im so excited. it gets addicting,just fyi