Thursday, January 22, 2009

-Ordinary Miracle-

I've decided life is CrAzY!! Things can be going really well and then something happens and you just have to put things on hold for a minute, but in return this little side road, though extremely difficult, makes you so happy for what you have!!!
The new news in my life. I've been really sick. Meningitis to be exact. I've had it before, which is why having it again is so crazy, that never happens. At first I was ok, extremely tired with minor headaches, but I could manage and I went to school. Then it got worse, and school wasn't an option. I had to take a medical leave, for my own safety and also for the many people I'm around everyday. It's not a long leave, only two weeks, but I'm missing what I had in front of me.
I'm back in Blackfoot, living at home until everything gets back to normal and the Doc releases me to go back to school (cross your fingers for the 2nd!!!)
So as I wrote about in my last blog I'm trying a whole new me, and part in the new me is finding the good in everything. Being sick I've been thinking about what in the world could be good of feeling this bad. I feel so stupid because it was so obvious!!
I love my life. I have nothing at all to complain about! I'm at an amazing school, doing something I was pretty sure I would hate, but I love it. I'm surrounded by people who everyday help grow in one way or another. I'm learning amazing skills by very talented people. I have the best friends I could ask for, and no matter where I am, I've found open arms to fall into. I have a beautiful apartment and a car, that's ugly, but works. And I always know if the tank of gas is low and I need to come home, there will always be a way to fill it! My family is beautiful! I can't express how much I love each of them, for very different reasons. I hope I can take at least one thing from all of them, because they have so much good to teach me. And, I have the gospel. I know, I never really have been alone. Why would I complain?
So what does this have to do with being sick? Everything! I've decided maybe we get sick so we know how amazing it is to feel. And I have amazing things around me to help me feel good, even when my body is telling me I'm really not doing so well. I'm great. I love life, I really really do.
And now that I realize who I am, and that this really is who I want to be, I want to say sorry for who I was, and the attitude I had. I guess I was getting wet in the rain and not dancing. Now I just know there is always a reason to smile and get up and dance, even when it doesn't feel possible :)

1 comments:

Frank and Alyson Paice said...

Oh my gosh, just when I think you have so totally amazed me, I am more in awe of you. Sarah said she loves to read your blogs because she knows she will learn something because they are so uplifting. Honey, remember to dance.